SOUTH DAKOTA CONSTITUTION
1. HJR 1007 Constitutional amendment regarding legislative redistricting after state or federal
2. HJR 1010 Constitutional amendment to extend the time allowed for the Governor's review of legislation passed by the Legislature.
3. HJR 1009 Corporate farming constitutional amendment repealed.
STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT
4. SB 187 General Appropriations Bill for fiscal year 2003.
5. HB 1296 The General Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2002 , Regents System Office, amended.
6. HB 1237 General Appropriations Bill for fiscal year 2002, Corrections, Human Services and Regents, amended.
7. HB 1120 Special appropriation from the special racing revolving fund and the South Dakota bred racing fund.
8. HB 1197 Money transferred out of the budget reserve fund to the general fund.
9. SB 186 Appropriate funds from the water and environment fund and the environment and natural resources fund.
10. HB 1295 Appropriation to reimburse counties for an election.
11. SB 134 South Dakota Student Loan Corporation, authority regarding private activity bonds revised.
12. HB 1258 Nurses' education tuition reimbursement program established.
13. SB 34 Agriculture and Business Development Authority bonds, tax exemption repealed.
14. HB 1080 Historic preservation loans or grants, limit for certain use changed.
15. HB 1054 Rules to be served certain time before Rules Review Committee to meet.
16. SB 18 Contested case, summary disposition allowed.
17. HB 1132 Children's Mental Health Task Force created.
LEGISLATURE AND STATUTES
18. SB 111 Per diem for legislators revised.
21. HB 1031 Electronic signatures authorized for certain payroll deductions.
22. HB 1032 South Dakota Retirement System, federal references updated.
23. HB 1033 South Dakota Retirement System benefits improved.
24. HB 1300 Sovereign immunity, application in other courts clarified.
PUBLIC FISCAL ADMINISTRATION
25. HB 1136 Local bank accounts, approval authority of the state treasurer or state auditor
26. SB 40 Expenses of the investment council allocated to certain trust funds.
27. HB 1195 Budget reserve fund, amount transferred to be increased.
28. HB 1198 Property tax reduction fund, maximum amount revised.
PUBLIC PROPERTY, PURCHASES AND CONTRACTS
29. SB 8 Public lands, lease for military purposes authorized.
30. SB 113 Camp Lakodia, quit claim deed and release of reversionary interest of land.
31. HB 1294 South Dakota Building Authority, certain powers and authority revised.
32. HB 1137 State Cement Plant Commission, compensation and meetings of commission revised.
33. HB 1109 Single-source bidding authorized for certain local government units.
34. HB 1181 Directed suretyship prohibited.
35. HB 1049 Online reverse auctions allowed for state purchases.
36. HB 1048 Sealed bids may be submitted by electronic means.
37. HB 1279 Waterworks, special purpose corporation for certain systems.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT GENERALLY
40. HB 1008 Elections, certain provisions and terminology revised.
45. SB 13 Elections, certain municipal and school election procedures revised.
46. SB 9 Municipal and school elections, full-time postsecondary students may vote.
47. HB 1176 Municipal elections, time to qualify for an office increased.
48. HB 1071 Secretary of the Department of Revenue to continue the pilot program on use
of state's computer system.
49. HB 1135 Reclassification of property, procedure revised.
50. HB 1219 Property assessment freeze, provisions revised.
51. HB 1059 Property classification and assessment appeal procedures revised.
52. HB 1087 School district general fund levy revised.
53. SB 89 School districts may initiate a vote to impose an excess tax levy.
54. SB 182 Property tax freeze, procedure to opt out revised.
55. HB 1112 School board to initiate vote on the decision to impose an excess tax levy.
56. SB 95 Property taxes, local government may reduce in any year.
57. SB 185 An appropriation to fund tax refunds for elderly and disabled persons and to revise certain eligibility requirements.
58. HB 1102 Gross receipts tax revised for certain telephone companies.
59. HB 1036 Internal Revenue Code references updated.
60. SB 172 Insurance taxes, effective date of certain provisions revised.
61. SB 36 Mobile telecommunications services, sales and use tax imposed.
62. HB 1280 Controlled group, definition for sales tax purposes revised.
63. HB 1002 Tourism, gross receipts tax proposed.
64. HB 1001 Sales and use tax, uniform and simplified features proposed.
69. HB 1076 Municipal housing and redevelopment commissions, membership revised.
70. SB 11 Elections, method to compute certain time periods created.
71. SB 1165 Local government referendums, time to file increased.
72. HB 1006 Voter registration files, procedures to update revised.
73. HB 1116 General election candidates must choose to run for only one office.
74. HB 1221 Certificate of nomination, date of filing revised.
75. HB 1010 Elections, electronic voting systems and automatic tabulating equipment regulated.
76. SB 12 Elections, method for marking and counting ballots revised.
77. HB 1007 Recount procedures revised.
78. HB 1234 Certain campaign finance provisions revised.
79. HB 1058 Edgemont school district, appropriate money to replace state aid.
80. SB 5 Teacher mentor program established.
81. SB 165 Public schools to provide access to military recruiters.
82. SB 57 School board may initiate action calling for change of the size of the school board.
83. SB 102 Consolidated school districts, the calculation of state aid for certain years revised.
84. SB 158 Opt out schools, state aid calculation revised.
85. HB 1100 Capital outlay fund may be used to purchase warranties.
86. HB 1187 School districts that consolidate may transfer funds.
87. SB 94 Flag may be displayed, pledge recited, and anthem sung on school grounds.
88. SB 87 Open enrollment provisions revised.
95. HB 1222 Local government authorized to set librarian salaries.
PERSONAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
102. HB 1218 Crime of violence definition includes pedophilia.
103. HB 1305 Terrorism.
104. HB 1104 Financing statement, filing a false statement made a crime.
105. SB 19 Terrorist threat, communicating the threat made a crime.
106. HB 1283 Physical abuse of an infant.
107. HB 1170 Assault against a law enforcement officer to include the crime of "sliming."
108. HB 1138 Stalking, penalty increased.
109. SB 184 Internet pornography and exploitation, remedies created.
110. SB 42 Sex offender registration provisions revised.
111. HB 1139 Indecent exposure, penalty increased when the victim is a child.
112. SB 73 Prepaid adult entertainment cards regulated.
116. HB 1163 Background checks to be in home study reports.
117. HB 1039 Concealed pistol permit application may be filed electronically.
118. HB 1129 Concealed pistol permit, provisions revised.
119. SB 22 Rendition of Prisoners in Criminal Proceedings Uniform Act.
120. HB 1014 Crime victims compensation program, application requirements revised.
121. HB 1053 Victim of "sliming" may request that the defendant be tested.
122. HB 1180 Lien on parent's property when legal counsel appointed for minor.
PENAL INSTITUTIONS, PROBATION AND PAROLE
125. HB 1302 Child custody and visitation, standard guidelines to be established.
126. SB 177 Child custody, criteria to decide custody modified.
127. HB 1011 Child support, method to serve withholding order revised.
128. HB 1012 Health insurance coverage, implementation of the national medical support notice requirements.
129. HB 1016 Domestic abuse and stalking, certain filing and service fees repealed.
130. SB 170 Foster child adoption.
131. HB 1015 Child abuse, service of a notice of entry of an order or a decree procedure revised.
132. HB 1052 State training school, lease of facilities allowed.
133. HB 1253 Juvenile corrections monitor, duties revised.
134. SB 15 Mental Health Planning and Coordination Advisory Council, composition
135. SB 14 Administrator of the Human Services Center, requirements revised.
136. HB 1017 Commitment of persons with developmental disabilities, provisions revised.
PUBLIC WELFARE AND ASSISTANCE
137. HB 1241 County welfare for a medically indigent person, time limit to file an application
UNIFORM PROBATE CODE
138. SB 53 Uniform probate code, certain terms revised.
139. SB 52 Uniform probate code, procedure for unresolved matters revised.
140. HB 1220 Child custody, who may petition for custody revised.
HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
141. SB 33 State trunk highway system revised.
142. SB 124 County highway system maintenance, provision repealed.
143. SB 123 County may levy a tax for secondary roads in unorganized areas.
144. HB 1009 Special purpose districts, election provisions revised.
145. HB 1115 Township highway projects bid provisions, certain sections repealed.
146. HB 1023 Motor carrier inspectors, arrest powers revised.
147. HB 1067 Vehicle identification number, fee allowed when number assigned.
148. HB 1188 Mobile and manufactured homes, penalties for moving revised.
149. HB 1273 Persons with disabilities, special parking sticker requirements revised.
150. HB 1291 Qualifications revised for organizational decal on specialty license plates.
151. HB 1133 Temporary license permit revised.
152. HB 1265 License plates issued to auction agency.
153. SB 110 Motor vehicle dealer, regulation revised.
154. HB 1037 Motor vehicle registration, license or title may be withheld or revoked in certain circumstances.
161. HB 1211 Electric mobility device, use regulated.
162. HB 1303 Governor's emergency powers revised.
163. SB 38 Public official and employee database created.
164. SB 144 Activated national guard and reserve personnel, certain benefits extended to the members.
165. HB 1149 High school diplomas for certain veterans.
PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY
171. SB 157 Alcoholic beverage license, light wine provisions revised.
172. HB 1255 Convention facility on-sale licenses, exception created.
173. SB 168 Temporary on-sale license, nonprofits allowed to have.
174. HB 1081 Unlawful use or possession of an alcoholic beverage by a minor second offense, driving privileges modified.
PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
175. SB 45 Medicine or osteopathy, practice outside of state through electronic means regulated.
183. SB 29 Weighing and measuring devices, inspection fees increased.
184. SB 28 Scale inspector, certain requirements eliminated.
185. SB 180 Unsolicited electronic commerce regulated.
186. SB 183 Unsolicited commercial e-mail regulated.
AGRICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE
187. SB 90 Northern Crops Institute, special appropriation.
188. SB 179 Sampling for genetically modified crops regulated.
189. HB 1185 South Dakota Weed and Pest Control Commission membership revised.
ANIMALS AND LIVESTOCK
190. HB 1019 Livestock brand provisions revised.
191. HB 1254 Livestock auction agencies and livestock dealers, provisions revised.
192. HB 1046 Milk sampler and grader license may be suspended or revoked.
GAME, FISH, PARKS, AND FORESTRY
193. HB 1042 Hunting licenses, expiration date may be revised by rule.
194. HB 1043 Nonresident hunting license requirements for sandhill cranes modified.
195. SB 146 East River three-day nonresident waterfowl hunting licenses authorized.
196. SB 44 Park license, new areas where license required.
197. HB 1047 Forest fires, system established to collect costs associated with fire protection.
198. HB 1045 Fire suppression special revenue fund voucher approval, authority revised.
201. HB 1226 Time and notice requirements repealed for filing certificate of release for
202. SB 122 Former state-owned dredges allowed to work out of state in certain
203. HB 1216 Shareholder voting by electronic means authorized.
204. SB 156 Corporate farming restrictions revised.
205. SB 142 Trust may be shareholder in a professional corporation.
206. SB 20 Foreign corporations, service of process made through Secretary of State.
207. SB 26 Securities, civil penalty for certain violations authorized.
208. SB 25 Securities, public offering fee capped.
209. SB 30 Merit review of securities by director limited.
210. SB 169 Uniform Limited Partnership Act to allow limited liability limited partnerships.
PUBLIC UTILITIES AND CARRIERS
211. HB 1240 One-call notification, provisions revised.
212. HB 1301 South Dakota Railroad Authority authorized to acquire certain property.
213. HB 1025 Transportation of hazardous materials, certain provisions updated.
214. HB 1224 Interference with the use of a communication device to summon emergency aid made a crime.
215. SB 103 High voltage lines, safety zone increased.
216. HB 1050 Grain dealer definition revised.
217. SB 32 Photo identification and pilot registration fee increased.
218. HB 1075 Bank investment limitations revised.
219. SB 136 State charted banks, investment options revised.
220. HB 1078 Trust companies, insurance and bond requirements revised.
221. HB 1079 Preferential deposits of financial institutions, limit revised.
222. HB 1074 Safe deposit box, access regulated.
DEBTOR AND CREDITOR
225. SB 141 Total return unitrusts authorized.
UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE
228. HB 1281 Notice of nonrenewal for certain insurance policies extended.
229. SB 72 Insurance agents, license renewal and fee revised.
230. HB 1190 Surety bonds exempt from countersignature, certain provisions revised.
231. HB 1141 Utilization review for property and casualty insurers.
232. HB 1020 Insurance agents required to forward delivery receipt to insurer.
233. SB 37 Life insurance policies, exclusions approved by the director of the Division of Insurance.
234. SB 108 Certain life insurance forms made uniform.
235. HB 1027 Health insurance issuance or renewal, residency requirement revised.
236. SB 23 Group health plans, rule-making authority of the Division of Insurance for these plans revised.
237. HB 1022 Affiliated insurance carriers, treatment as one health insurance carrier repealed.
238. SB 27 Credit unemployment insurance, Division of Insurance to review certain information.
244. HB 1040 Unemployment insurance coverage extended to certain employment with an
245. HB 1257 Volunteer firefighters eligible for workers compensation.
SUPREME COURT RULES AND ORDERS
246. SCR 01-08 In the Matter of the Adoption of the Rules of Procedure for Expanded Media
Coverage of Supreme Court Proceedings.
247. SCR 01-09 In the Matter of the Amendment of Canon 3(B)(12) of the Code of Judicial Conduct.
248. SCR 02-01 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-6-4(d).
249. SCR 02-02 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 15-14-6.1.
250. SCR 02-03 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 21-27-18.1.
251. SCR 02-04 In the Matter of the Amendment of SDCL 23A-20-13.1.
252. EXO 02-01 Certain rangeland firefighting functions, powers, and duties are transferred to the
secretary of agriculture.
BILL NUMBER TO CHAPTER NUMBER CROSS-REFERENCE TABLE
ENACTED, AMENDED, AND REPEALED SECTIONS TABLE
This page is maintained by the Legislative Research Council